January is a great month to kick start a new habit that you can continue all year round. Wouldn’t it be great to start two or at least kill two birds at the same time? Along with Vegan January and making New Year’s Resolutions, did you know January is Walk your dog month?
For a dog owner every month is Walk Your Dog month, but if you are a dog owner January is a great month to add an extra walk or go for a longer walk. With Christmas a distant memory and with the cold weather and those January blues to deal with – it can be tempting to put off walking your dog, but it may be precisely what you and your dog need.
In both the US and the UK people and animals are becoming overweight and obese therefore if you think this description fits you or your dog, before commencing extra activity please consult your doctor or vet.
So, what are the benefits of walk your dog month?
- Bonding time with your dog
- Great way to exercise for both you and your dog
- Improves mental well-being for both you and your dog
- Meet other people and their dogs
So, what can you do?
In case you think walking your dog will become boring try these tips:
- Change your routine (your walk route)
- Walk your dog with style (i.e., buy your dog a new lead, or buy yourself a new outfit)
- Teach your dog some new tricks (take the time to teach your dog some tricks while out for a walk)
So, what is stopping you?
For ideas on how to do it right see here: