- A female colleague goes away on maternity leave, what do you give them?
- What to give a relative that’s hard to buy for?
- Winter’s coming and you want to look fashionable but be warm…what to wear?
Unique handknitted garments, of course!
What’s it all about:
Knitting is a method by which thread or yarn is turned into cloth or other fine crafts, it may be done by hand or by machine and there exist numerous styles and methods of hand knitting.
Different yarns and knitting needles may be used to achieve different end products by giving the final piece a different colour, texture and weight.
Want to know more?
- For inspiration, techniques and patterns come and browse our fantastic collection of knitting books in Kensington and Chelsea’s libraries.
- Visit our Special Fashion Collection to find out more on how knitting has changed over time and the influence it has had on the fashion world.
- Don’t know how to turn a heel?
- Don’t know the difference between intarsia, fair isle or slip stitch colour knitting?
- Getting your purls mixed up with your knit?
If you need answers to the above questions and more or would love to learn a new skill, why not join the groups that are hosted at our sister libraries of Westminster and Hammersmith & Fulham libraries:
Think you could teach, guide or help?
If you are interested in knitting and would like to start a group here at any branch of Kensington and Chelsea library come in and talk to a member of staff or call the library for more information on: 0207 361 3010.
By Charmaigne Powell, Online Developer and Coordinater
2 thoughts on “Knitting – The Answer to Your Problems?”